SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization. As this term might be new to many, for others it’s a basic tool to grow their business. Yes, you read that right! SEO can be defined as the art of attracting the quantity and quality traffic to your website and that too via organic and natural search engines only. But there is a lot more to SEO than this definition. It is more about growing your brand by learning what people nowadays are searching on the internet, what words they are typing to search and what result do they want in return.
There are two sides of an SEO coin:
• One side is complete knowledge of content your audience demands.
• Another side is delivering it to them as it is.
This will increase the traffic of your website and your brand will get natural exposure by authentic users.
The Role of Search Engines:
A huge part of the traffic reaches to sites via search engines. Search engines are answer machines that people use to kill their curiosity such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing, etc. When you type your query in the search box, the search engine gets all the desired results via a process called crawling and indexing.
The content which is most related to the typed query will be displayed at the top by the search engine. So, you have to focus on using the right keywords on your website. In this way, you will get authentic traffic. This is called optimization of your website as per search engines.
For example; if your website is about farm apples, it should not appear when anyone is searching for Apple products.
SEO – a Bridge:
SEO acts as a bridge between the content creator and searcher. If someone wants to search for specific content and the other person wants to appear as someone who created the content, then SEO is the tool to connect both. But doing it the right way is the most important thing.
Types of SEO:
There are two types of SEO;
• On-Site SEO: On-Site SEO has another name as On Page SEO. It is the optimization of the content present on your website so that it appears higher on search engines thus attracting more organic traffic consequently. This is done by putting right and authentic content on your website.
• Off-Site SEO: Off-Site SEO also called Off Page SEO. It involves the optimization of actions taken outside of your website in order to increase your ranking in SERPs (Search Engine Research Pages). This can be achieved by effectively linking your website to other places on the internet and thus vouch for your content in an efficient way. The best way to do this is by building backlinks.
Here are some effective tricks for better SEO:
• Build your page for users, not search engines.
• Do not dodge your audience.
• Make content that is engaging, valuable and unique.
• Do not use tricks that only spike up search engine rankings.
• Be honest with content.
Now that you have been introduced with the fundamentals of search engine optimization, it is time that you work with your team to devise a firm SEO strategy in order to put your business on the right track for maximum efficiency, productivity, and eventually profits. With an effective SEO strategy, you would be able to strengthen inbound marketing and make sure that you get to reach the targeted audience and let them know of the products and services that you have to offer. It’s okay if you are still using pay per click as a prominent component of marketing. You can continue with it but in order to get the optimum results and maximize the efficiency of your marketing strategy, it is important that you blend it with search engine optimization techniques. Not only does it help a great deal in building your PR but it also makes sure that you are not left out of the competition. It should be more than sufficient of a reason to use SEO that your rivals are perhaps already making use of it. Provided that you are ignorant of its importance, it will get increasingly difficult for you to compete well in the market.